– The new Scaling Circularity report by McKinsey & Company demonstrates the potential for pre-competitive collaboration to scale textile recycling technologies
– The textile recycling opportunity offers the potential to drive up to 80% circularity in the fashion value chain, whilst also creating jobs and value for investors
– Scaling textile recycling could build a 10 – 20 bn USD market.
– All major recycling technologies found to have better environmental impact across several indicators
– The Circular Fashion Partnership programme in Bangladesh has demonstrated how industry actors can work together to overcome barriers to scaling nascent recycling markets
- The report is co-authored by Reverse Resources, building its arguments heavily on the research and insight developed by us over the past 7 years, and verifying many of our findings.